Sometimes parents and grandparents can be some of the most difficult people to shop for. Often, they already have everything they need and want. And maybe they don’t really want more stuff to have to keep up with as they start to pare down the number of possessions they own.
So here’s a Father’s Day gift idea or Mother’s Day gift idea for them that they might actually enjoy:
A few hours of handyman service at their home!
As people get older, they often have a more difficult time doing the things they used to do. Climbing ladders, kneeling to work on the floor, or labor-intensive chores and tasks can become a lot more burdensome. But Mom and Dad (or Grandma and Grandpa) may not want to ask their children or grandchildren for help.
Even those who aren’t willing to ask for help may appreciate professional help around with the needs around the house, though. Then they can set up an appointment with the handyman at a time that suits them and give the handyman the list of minor home repairs and home maintenance jobs they need help with. And they don’t have to inconvenience any family members.
A handyman’s help may be the best gift for many people and all kinds of occasions on your list year-round!
- Young adults who are living on their own
- Busy parents who don’t have much time
- Single moms who need an extra hand
- Wives whose husbands are deployed
- Physically impaired loved ones
- Elderly loved ones and friends
- Widows who can’t do repairs themselves
- A housewarming gift for someone buying an older home
- A gift for someone who is selling their house to help with their punch list
- Holiday gift idea or Christmas gift idea
- A gift for people who don’t need anything
If you are looking for a grandparents’ gift or parents’ gift, this would be a very thoughtful way to do something meaningful to the people you love. When home maintenance and repairs are taken care of, it takes a lot of stress and weight off of people’s shoulders. Especially when they don’t have to do the work themselves, but can have a trusted professional do it for them.
Younger people or busy parents with children at home may have the strength and energy to do lots of things on their honey-do list, but they may not have the time or know-how to do it.
People who suffer from dizziness or other health issues may know how to do repairs. But they may need to use more caution getting on ladders or working with dangerous equipment. It’s much better to let a handyman company change the lightbulbs that require a ladder or to hang a heavy mirror than to allow a loved one to risk a fall or injury.
And those who are buying an older home or selling a home always have lots of little time-consuming home projects they need to work on. Having a trusted handyman come over for a day might be just the stress-buster they need.
The great thing about a handyman’s service is that you can give this gift even if you aren’t in the same town as your loved one, once you find a local handyman with a good reputation.
What Kinds of Things Could a Handyman Do for Your Loved Ones?
Most handyman services can offer services like:
- Repairing or replacing windows, doors, and cabinets.
- Installing light switches, ceiling fans, bathroom fans, and garbage disposals.
- Drywall touch-ups.
- Paint touch-ups.
- Replacing faucets, sinks, or toilets.
- Fixing leaky showerheads, faucets, or toilets.
- Fixing broken steps, loose boards on decks, and attaching railings securely.
- Installing grab bars and bathroom safety equipment.
- Replacing the hardware on doors and cabinets.
- Cleaning gutters.
- Replacing hard-to-reach lightbulbs
- Pressure washing the outside of your home.
- Installing security lights with motion sensors outside.
- Installing a smart thermostat.
- Installing a home security system.
- Helping add clutter solutions like new shelves, cubbies, and new wall-mounted cabinets.
- Making the home safer for young children.
- Help with senior adult safety.
- Minor appliance repairs.
- Fixing cracks in patios or the driveway.
- Installing keyless entry door locks.
Dads love to keep their home secure and safe for mom and children in the home. And taking care of that honey-do list is the perfect gift for mom.
Are You Looking for a Handyman Near You in Columbia, SC?
We are an experienced handyman company in the Midlands of South Carolina. Our goal is to help you have the most amazing looking, well-functioning home ever.
Whether you, a friend, or family member needs help with a home office, honey-do list, home repairs, clutter solutions, child safety, senior adult safety, or home maintenance, we’re ready to serve you.
We are licensed and insured and offer a large number of services.
Contact us—your best handyman service— today!
Our service area includes:
Lexington, Irmo, Columbia, Forest Acres, Cayce, and West Columbia.