The holiday season is upon us and it’s time to think about gift ideas for your spouse. If you have a handy husband or wife, perhaps they would appreciate something they can use for home improvement projects in 2021! They’ll enjoy their new tools and you’ll enjoy the fruits of their labor around the house.
Looking for Christmas gift ideas for your husband in 2020 or your tool-inclined wife? We’ve got you covered!
Gifts for a handyman husband/spouse
If you want to find the best gifts for a handyman/handywoman, we’ve got plenty of ideas to get your holiday spirit in gear with all the things that your spouse would secretly love to put on their holiday wishlist.
If you’re looking for handyman Christmas gifts, tool gift ideas for the handyman/handywoman in your life are at the top of our list.
Of course, be sure to select something they need, not something they already have. Unless what you are getting for them is a big step up and will work much better than the equipment they already have.
Best gifts for a carpenter/DIY home renovator
Every handyman needs great tools that are innovative, practical, and sturdy. Quality tools let them do quality work.
- Combination Square with Square Head from Starrett—Ideal for the most important carpentry projects around the house.
- Laser Level, Self-Leveling Cross-Line Level with Plumb Spot by Klein Tools—This heavy-duty laser level helps your sweetheart get measurements right quickly so the project goes off without a hitch.
- Craftsman 25-ft tape measure from Amazon—Help your honey get the job done!
- The basics—These critical tools are all must-haves for any DIYer.
- Ryobi drill bit set from Home Depot
- Quality Stanley FatMax Xtreme AntiVibe Rip Claw Nailing Hammer from Amazon
- Sturdy RAK Universal Socket Grip Multi-Function Ratchet Wrench Power Drill Adapter from Amazon
- Craftsman Power Tool Combo Kit from Lowe’s—Give your main squeeze all the power they need to do a professional job around the house.
- Stud Finder Wall Scanner by VIVREAL from Amazon—Find studs easily, safely, and reliably so you can hang pictures or mirrors with confidence or add a built-in set of custom shelves flush with the wall.
- Crescent Pass-Thru Black Oxide Adjustable Wrench and Spline Socket Set from Amazon—Give your favorite handyperson a versatile fastening tool with multiple options in one handy tool.
- Vampliers from Vampire Tools—Extract those worn-down tough-to-handle screws with ease!
- TACKLIFE Oscillating Tool, Cordless Multifunctional Tool—Grout Removing, Scraping, Cutting, and Polishing from Amazon—This tool charges in one hour, provides 6 variable speeds, and helps a handyman tackle almost any project around the house.
- Digital socket sizing tool from Sharper Image—Never have to guess about the size of a bolt head or nut again! Find the inner and outer diameters of pipes and other household objects.
- Leatherman Stainless Steel Multi-tool—Provide one tool that serves many practical purposes without taking up a lot of space. A much-needed “toy” for any handyman’s tool chest.
- Keter Folding Table Work Bench for Miter Saw Stand from Amazon—Since you probably don’t have a big worktable in every room in the house or the yard and bending over like the poor man above will hurt your spouse’s back, give your handyman a strong, durable, portable workbench that easily folds away when not in use.
- DEWALT Miter Saw Stand, Heavy Duty from Amazon—This stand lets your handyperson work with up to 16 feet of material securely and safely.
- Streamlight Stinger LED High Lumen Rechargeable Flashlight from Amazon—Light up your spouse’s life with a hardworking, 800-lumen flashlight.
- Black Diamond Storm 350-lumen Headlamp from Amazon—When your favorite spouse has to go under the house, under the sink, into the attic, or has to work on the electrical box outside in the dark, a headlamp is a really helpful thing. That way, you don’t have to go, too, to hold a light!
- Gorilla Dual Temp Mini Hot Glue Gun Kit from Amazon—Hot glue lets your handy person be creative and lickety-split quick with projects.
- Gorilla glue from Amazon—This powerful glue works quickly to get broken things back together or to complete projects.
- Bondic from Amazon- This stuff is amazing. Every handyman needs some in their toolbox! Makes a great stocking stuffer.
- A 6ft or 8ft Fiberglass Podium Ladder from Home Depot—Keep your spouse safe with this amazing ladder. The platform provides a safe, stable work area facing any direction with a guardrail and a place to hang tool wraps.
- Carpenter pencils from Home Depot—Every DIYer needs a handful of these around at all times.
- DEWALT 12-Gallon Portable Wet/Dry Shop Vacuum from DeWALT.com—Now your favorite handyman can clean up all the messes they create with ease.
Gifts for your wife or your husband to help them be comfortable and well-prepared for anything life may throw at them. Time to replace all the old worn-out things with beautiful and strong DIY work essentials.
- Timberland PRO Men’s Bosshog 6” Composite Toe Waterproof Industrial Boot (or Timberland Pro Women’s Direct Steel-Toe Waterproof Insulated Work Shoe)—keeps feet dry, safe, and happy with an anti-fatigue comfort system, tough upper layer, and a rubber sole with great grip.
- Woodworking Shop Apron for men/women—to keep your sweetie’s tools handy while protecting their clothes.
- DEWALT DG5617 20-Pocket Pro Framer’s Combo Apron Tool Belt and Yoke-style Suspenders—allows your honey to have all their tools in arm’s reach.
- Sturdy Carhartt Men’s Firm Duck Double-Front Work Dungaree Pant—holds up to tough wear and accommodates knee pads. Has cleanout openings to let dirt escape easily and multiple tool and utility pockets.
- CLC Custom Leathercraft 125L Handyman Flex Grip Work Gloves – protect your loved one’s hands from blisters and knicks, giving them plenty of traction while they work.
- Magnetic wristband from Amazon—Help your DIYer keep track of all those little nails, screws, nuts, and bolts so they don’t have to get up and down the ladder multiple times.
- NoCry Professional Knee Pads from Amazon—If your spouse is working on the floor a lot, their knees will thank you for this sweet gift.
- DEWALT TSTAK Tool Storage Organizer from Amazon—This long-handled toolbox is sturdy, durable, and easy to clean. It makes storing basic tools simple, all in one, convenient, portable box.
- Craftsman 2000 Series 5-Drawer Steel Rolling Tool Cabinet from Lowe’s—This is the perfect solution to get all the wrenches, hammers, and screwdrivers off of the garage floor or out of the back of the van.
- Garage Hooks Heavy Duty 12 Pack for Garden Tools, Ladders, Bulky Items from Amazon—Get all the mess off the floor and organized neatly on the wall so your honey has room for working on projects.
- Custom Shelving and Storage System Shelflinks from Amazon—If your handyman/handywoman is ready to build a set of great storage shelves in the garage or shed to organize all the tools, these shelf links make the project a snap. No miter or angle cuts are necessary.
- Carhartt Trade Series Embroidered Tool Tote (personalized) from personalizationmall.com—Your spouse will love a thoughtful tool tote with their name embroidered on it.
Creature comforts and pampering
- Geek Aire Rechargeable Outdoor High-Velocity Floor Fan Portable—gives your sweetie some much-needed cool breezes in the attic, under the house, in the garage, or outside while they are working.
- Collapsible canopies from Amazon—provide shade and protection from the rain for outdoor projects
- OccuNomix Miracool Cooling Bandanas from Amazon—keeps your handyman/handywoman cool in the hot weather.
- Yeti Cooler keeps your drinks icy cold even on a hot day of working outside.
- The Infinity Evolution Ultimate Massage Chair—With all that money your DIYer saves you, splurge and get them the best massage chair on the market to provide amazing relief from sore, stiff muscles.
The gift of professional handyman service
If you don’t have a handy spouse or your handyman husband/wife doesn’t have the time or desire to work on your honey-do list, maybe the best gift you can get for your sweetheart is a professional handyman!
Buy a few hours of handyman help and knock out those annoying little repair jobs and maintenance items that have been neglected around the house.
Then you get the honey-do list completed and free up your spouse’s time for more important things.
Hiring a handyman to help your elderly loved ones is also a fantastic way to help keep them safe so they don’t try to climb up on chairs or ladders to change lightbulbs or hang decorations. Falls are a leading cause of serious injury or even death for our elderly family members and friends. Why not prevent a tragedy with the thoughtful gift of a day with a trusted handyman?
Looking for a holiday handyman service near you in the Columbia, SC area?
We can help with moving furniture, hanging and removing holiday decorations and lights, carpentry projects, plumbing projects, electrical projects, preparing your home for sale (punch lists), and much more!
Please contact us today!
Easy Decorating Hacks for the Holidays
Winterizing Your Home Saves Money
Protecting Your Family’s Packages from Sneaky Porch Pirates
A Few Hours of Handyman Service Is the Perfect Gift
Note: Links to retailer sites are not affiliate marketing programs.