Maybe you’d love to earn some extra money renting out your home as an AirBnB.
You may be surprised how much extra money you could make!
Pay for a glamorous vacation! Lower your debt. Save money for a new car or your child’s college fund. Or make beautiful home improvements that you and your family will enjoy for many years that will also maintain/increase the value of your home.
Airbnb makes it easy for you to be an Airbnb host to people who need a vacation rental by the night.
All you need to be a good Airbnb host is:
- A spirit of gracious Southern hospitality.
- Great pictures of your place.
- A good cleaning before and after guests come.
- A home that is well-maintained.
You can rent your entire home or you can rent a bedroom and bathroom. Or just the basement. Or your guesthouse in the backyard. Whatever you decide. It’s your call!
What if my house isn’t Airbnb-ready?
You can do a lot yourself to get your house in great shape for Airbnb guests. In 3 easy steps, you can be prepared. With a good cleaning, beautiful photos, and some minor repair work, you can be ready in a jiffy!
1. Clean your house
Of course, before your guests come, you will need to do a thorough cleaning. It is work, yes, but you will be rewarded well if you get to rent out your place. And you may just find that you and your family enjoy your home more after you spiffy it up, too. What a win/win!
- Throw away clutter.
- Box up unnecessary things and put them in the garage, a shed, or a locked closet.
- Hide anything on the counters in the kitchen and bathroom and on tables and desks.
- Give the house a good spring cleaning.
- Bring out fresh, beautiful sheets and comforters.
- Hang beautiful towels and washcloths.
- Consider some fun, whimsical decorations.
- Stock up on toilet paper and toiletries for your guests.
- Print out a handy sheet with instructions for the remotes, the door codes, the thermostat, and other odds and ends.
2. Take pictures that will impress
Here are a few suggestions so you can impress potential guests with great photos of your home:
- Consider using a professional camera (especially if you plan to rent out your home often) or at least a recent smartphone.
- Shoot in the daytime and put the blinds up to let in plenty of natural light.
- Turn on all the lights.
- Move clutter totally out of sight.
- Consider having a beautiful floral arrangement or a few plants in the pictures.
- Remember that charming, quirky decor sells better than empty walls.
- Keep the camera at eye level for an adult.
3. Catch up on glaring home repairs
You want people to write good reviews of your place, especially if you plan to rent your home again. You may be able to ignore these things in the hustle of life—the unfinished carpentry project, the broken doorknob, the leaking faucet, the broken stair to the deck, the bathroom fan that no longer works, etc…
Unfortunately, when people rent your home, they notice things like that. And they tend to mention these things in reviews in a negative light.
What better time than to just go ahead and take care of the whole home repair list than before you rent out your home?
Not only will your guests appreciate having a beautiful place to stay, but you and your family can also enjoy the beauty and functionality, too.
A handyman can help you get ready for Airbnb guests!
Perhaps you have been putting off your repair list because you are just too busy. Or maybe you aren’t sure how to do some of the jobs that need tackling. Or maybe it isn’t safe for you to get on ladders anymore and you need a little help.
That is what a good handyman service is for!
A handyman company can take care of all the little jobs around the house that need to be done so that your house looks amazing! You won’t have to feel embarrassed anymore to have guests over or to invite people to rent your place.
How can a handyman help get your house ready to be an Airbnb?
Handyman companies generally do small jobs around the house that require some skill and experience to do. They often deal with plumbing problems, touching up paint, or other challenging jobs that require the use of putty knives, drills, hammers, screwdrivers, etc….
A handyman company would also often be able to help with other types of Airbnb property maintenance.
A handyman for Airbnb repairs is a perfect fit because you don’t have to spend nearly as much money as you would for a property management service or a general contractor. But you can avoid the hassle and time of having to do all the property maintenance yourself.
Before you accept a reservation request, get in touch with a trusted handyman who can help you knock out your list of projects so you can start earning more income and enjoying a better life.